Monday, November 10, 2008

Thoughts on the Odyssey

My thoughts on the odyssey right now are that it is a very good book. I really like it. It is my kind of read because it is a lot of fighting and gore. It also explains our life today just in is everyday life. I do admit I would probably like the lliad more because from what I hear it is a lot more fighting and I love those kinds of books. But this book is just fine because I love how adventurous it is and how it moves very quickly. Also I love the names of the people in it. You never see people today walking down the street saying "o look there’s Telemachus son of Odysseus". No you just don’t see it. But a lot of what they did back then transferred over to how we do things in life today. For instance the houses, cities, islands, and countries. They also built there own ships just like we do today and they believe in a ruler just like we do. They believed in things to trade instead today we have money for that. But as of right now I am really enjoying the book and I love the suspense in it and it is kind off like a book written today just in the language they had back then.

No comments: