Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Outside Reading-Blades of Glory 2

I have continued to read my outside reading book, Blades of Glory. The more and more i read it the better and better it gets but some of it i do not really agree with. I mean i no that older hockey players chew and stuff but i did not think that high school kids did? especially ones that were that good. That stuff just ruins your skill and in the book it talks about how on the way back from one of there games all the players throw in chews and none of them get caught doing it. I thought wow how can a team that good do such a stupid thing like that. But i suppose it was just a bad decision. In the book i also love how it mentions Edina and in the book one of my hockey coaches is named in it so that was pretty cool. A lot of these players i recognize because they are either in the NHL or they are nationally recognized and because we live in Minnesota it is even bigger. Also it is pretty cool to know that i skate on the same ice as some of the NHL players do. Like Braemar arena or Bloomington Ice Gardens. Any of those rinks. I love reading a book that i can relate to and say that is a neighbor town of the one that i live in today and that ya i no who so and so is. It is just a really cool feeling for me.

No comments: